The California Skin Surgery Center, Inc., Gregory M. Bricca M.D., (hereafter referred to as “CSSC”) is committed to protecting the privacy and accuracy of your personally identifiable information. Other than as required by laws that require disclosure, personally identifiable information is not disclosed without your authorization.
Information Collection and Use
Your information may be collected and used for the following purposes:
- Identify website visitors logging in to any of the services available on the Site;
- Provide content to website visitors on the Site, including content tailored to you;
- Provide access to CSSC‘s services or information about CSSC’s services, such as appointment times;
- Track Internet traffic and visitor use of the Site and particular webpages;
- Track aggregate or individual usage trends of features or services on CSSC website;
- Provide content via a content distribution network;
- Help administer and protect the security of the Site and provide communication and other services
- Track your use of the Site, including which webpages you visit, which links you click, your mouse or cursor placement, and the time intervals between each of these actions;
- Archive or back up the Site or the information for archival, backup, or disaster preparedness purposes;
- Develop and/or enhance products or services by CSSC Affiliates or third parties;
- Contact you regarding customer service and administrative issues, such as questions about a specific request, or otherwise respond to your comments or requests;
- Send you emails with information and offers from CSSCs;
- Maintain suppression or opt-out lists that CSSC may share with third parties so that you are not contacted if you ask not to be;
- Make telephone calls or send text messages to you with information or offers, provided that you consent to be communicated to in this manner as described further below;
- Permit you to access certain web-based programs or applications on the Site.
Disclosure or Modification of Collected Information
You may request the disclosure of any or all personal information collected and stored by CSSC about you. You may request the personal information CSSC has collected and stored about you by contacting CSSC at email@example.com with the subject line “Request to Know” or by sending a letter to CSSC postal address below with the same request.
You may also contact CSSC to modify, correct, or delete some or all of your information by modifying your information on the Site, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Request to Modify or Delete” and include the information to be modified or deleted in the body of the email, or by sending a letter to CSSC postal address below with the same request.
For any request to disclose, modify, or delete your information, CSSC will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to disclosing or changing your information, such as requesting verification of other information you have previously provided to CSSC, verifying information CSSC have provided to you such as an account number, or by matching your means of connecting to the Site to similar information CSSC previously collected.
Individuals who wish to use methods other than online enrollment may submit requests by phone or U.S. mail to the address provided on your paper billing statement.
You may designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf by sending a letter to the postal address below with a signed letter that includes your name, email address, and date of birth for verification, along with either your signed designation of the authorized agent or a court order or similar legal document designating the authorized agent as acting for you (for example, a power of attorney or letters testamentary).
Notice of Right to Opt-out
You may opt-out from receiving future offers from CSSC, including having your email address removed – unsubscribed – from email marketing lists or text message lists by:
- Following the opt-out instructions contained in the marketing communication to opt-out of email marketing or text message marketing;
- By completing the form on the Do Not Sell My Personal Information webpage; or
- By sending an opt-out request in writing to email@example.com with the subject line “Request to Opt-Out” and a description in the body of the email of the marketing or other use of the information from which you would like to be opted-out.
CSSC may request authentication or verification of your request to opt-out, for example by requesting that you reenter your email address or provide other information, by requiring your authorized agents to provide additional information and authorizing documents to confirm their authorization by you, or by sending a confirmation email to you which you must confirm prior to the Opt-Out request taking effect.
You may disable cookies, web beacons and other technological means placed by CSSC by adjusting your browser or email client settings. You may also opt-out from the collection of online viewing data for analytics purposes performed by Google Analytics by going to Ad Settings under your Google account. As noted above, CSSC may identify you by your email address, third party cookies, or other means, and may use these methods to tailor your experience on CSSC Site if you visit the CSSC Site in the future.
You may revoke your consent to receive marketing text messages from CSSC and/or the persons named in the consent by indicating that you do not want to receive any further text marketing from CSSC or the persons named in the consent.
Security of Your Information
CSSC uses commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, or accidental loss or destruction of your information. Given the nature of the Internet, your information passes through entities that CSSC are unable to control. Therefore, CSSC cannot guarantee that CSSC security measures will prevent your information from being illegally accessed, stolen or altered.
Your California Privacy Rights
The California “Shine the Light” law permits California residents to request information regarding CSSC’s disclosure of your information to third parties including the categories of information shared and a list of the names and addresses of third parties with whom the information was shared. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org and identify that it is a “Shine the Light Request” in the subject line of the email, or by sending a letter with the request to:
California Skin Surgery Center
Attention: Privacy Request
9269 Sierra College Blvd
Roseville, CA 95661
Most browsers contain a “do-not-track” setting. If your browser is set to do not track, the Site may not respond in accordance with that setting so that, for example, we will not be able to access any cookies stored in your browser. The impact a do not track setting has on a website’s operation varies from browser to browser. You should be aware that CSSC may use other means to identify visitors who have previously visited our Site, including their email address and IP address. We may use this information to tailor your experience should you visit our Site in the future. Setting your browser to “do not track” will have no impact on these practices.
Site Policy Regarding Children Under the Age of 18 and Non-US Residents
The Site is intended to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). COPPA requires that web site operators never knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. The Site is not intended for minors under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from minors under the age of 18 on this Site. Only adults age 18 or over are permitted to use the Site.
By using the Site, you agree to provide us with accurate information concerning your age or identity if we request it. You also agree not to assist minors under the age of 18 in accessing the Site or to attempt to contact children under 18 through the Site.
The Site is also not intended for persons that are not residents (legally or otherwise) in the U.S.
Links to Other Sites
When using the CSSC Site, you may encounter links to other web sites of organizations not directly affiliated with CSSC. Please be aware that CSSC is not responsible for the information practices of external organizations. CSSC recommends that you review the privacy statements of each external web site that collects personal information.